BA (Hons) International Business Management
Specialty International Business and Management
The International Business and Management specialty is accredited by the Bulgarian National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency in the “Economics” academic stream. It is offered in Dobrich and Varna.
Furthermore, the IUC International Business and Management specialty is recognized and accredited by Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC), UK, which provides students with the opportunity to receive two Bachelor Degrees upon successful completion of their studies.
Language of instruction: English
Duration of studies: 3 years (6 semesters)
Diploma: Bulgarian Bachelor Degree from International University College and British BA (Hons) from University of Wales, UK.
The International Business and Management Programme is intended to serve the needs of the global market for specialists in the field of international business.
The process of globalization as well as the dynamic import and export of goods and services across borders signals the need for well prepared professionals in the field of management and marketing who can be in line with the contemporary, rapidly changing business standards.
The major objectives of this specialty are the preparation of highly skilled specialists with developed business thinking and establishing knowledge and capabilities that are typical for modern business managers.
After graduation young professionals are qualified to occupy positions in the field of strategic management and marketing, international business planning, HR, brand management, sales, finance and in many other realms of global business.
- Business law and business ethics
- Economics and business environment
- Marketing and business communications
- Foreign languages - First: English for business and management, Second foreign language: English/German/French/Spanish
- Research and Statistics
- Accounting and finance
- Foreign languages - First: English for business and management, Second foreign language (English/German/French/Spanish)
- Summer Internship I
- Foreign Languages II, English for academic writing
Human resource management and organizational behavior
Marketing communications and marketing research
Foreign Languages II English for academic writing, Other Language (English/German/French/Spanish)
Summer Internship II
- Capital markets and investments
- Branding and intellectual property
- Business planning
Fifth and sixth semester:
- Strategic Management
- International Business and Cultural Diversity
- Modern Foreign Language, Culture and Society
- IBDiploma or Enterprise project
- Managing Change in Theory and Practice
- International and Global Marketing
- IStrategic Management of Information Systems
All students in the International Business and Management specialty have two obligatory internships during their education. These internships last between 6 and 11 weeks and are done in tourist organizations such as high class hotel chains, tour operators and tourist agencies.
Internships are professionally oriented and aim at development of professional working pattern and provision of financial support to students.